Sunday, April 22, 2007

The Perfect Shower

I'm a big fan of showers. It's one of the few things I really indulge myself into; others include but are not limited to: Tea with mint, mocking Munqy, a tall Java Cappuccino from Cilantro elShams and off course reminding aku of the BIG mess he made on New Year's eve 2005.

Disaster hit on Friday @ 1900 hours when suddenly all my shower rights were suspended indefinitely. I discovered on Saturday morning that a HUGE water pipe broke and there wasn't a drop of water in all of Heliopolis and Nasr City. Now I don't have any numbers, but if I were to guess, since elCairo has 16 million inhabitants then Heliopolis and Nasr City is something around 15%-25% of that, so that's a good 3-4 million looking for water!

The funny thing is that on Saturday morning @ 0900 hours, my neighborhood went back to the 19th century in an instant. Suddenly everyone was running across the street with huge containers to fill with fresh water from the village fountain.....ah the good old village life. Anyhow I decided not to make this issue cloud MY LAST DAY IN elCairo, so I went ahead had an amazing Sea Food lunch and then took off to Feedz to hang out. By 2200 hours there was still no water, so I got ready and headed to the airport for my 0230 hours flight. Almost 10 hours later I landed in the Springish Frozen Wastelands and I must tell you this 1.5 hours shower I just had now was swwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttt.

It's better than sex. WAY better.

No comments: