Sunday, August 19, 2007

Leaving elCairo...again

It's been almost a year and a half since I left elCairo for Warszawa. In hindsight, I think it's one of those decisions that changed me forever. Before heading of to Warszawa, my life was very classical. Born in elCairo and studied there, lived with my family, worked in elCairo and had fun with my friends...uh...here in elCairo. Now with the move, everything changed, I needed to get used to living alone, making new friends, getting accustomed to a new culture, language ...etc.

Off course I learned a lot of things, and I am still learning but the one thing that really amazed me and still does is how my home sickness grows, exponentially, every time I come back. Everytime I come back, I dread the day I'm going to leave. The day I leave my friends and family and go back to leaving in my 'spacious' apartment back in Warszawa. The day I stop doing random non-sensecal plans, like heading to elfishawy cafe at 4am and start planing to attend house parties 2 weeks in advance. The day I leave elCairo, that is today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:( How sad. I'm sad too... I miss elCairo too.

And what the heck kind of parties happen in egypt where they still play spin the bottle?

Fesh said...

Totally man, elCairo is the place to be! And yeah, in all lame-ass parties! :D No we usually play ‘I have never’. This time we uncovered so MANY juicy situations while playing that, that we simply had to play spin the bottle to get the details!... and they were gooooooooood :D