Saturday, September 13, 2008

Goto 10

It's interesting how personal websites are making a comeback now. You see, 10 years ago it was hip to have a personal website; there you maintained your pictures, contact info and you tried as hell to update it frequently. It never worked. A few years later and we suddenly have Blogger for your posts, Flicker for your photos and then Facebook for....hmmm...everything? So people abandoned their personal websites.

In a true Goto 10* fashion, more and more people are now bringing back their personal websites. It's retro and all. A genius came up with some scripts to import YOUR data from the various websites back into your new pimp'in (and dont forget retro) personal website. People suddenly realized the huge potential of those scripts. Suddenly you could have all YOUR data in YOUR personal website! That's gold! Of course, you need to keep maintaining your contact info on Facebook, your posts on Blogger and your tweets on Twitter. Not to mention that you need to implement all those tricky scripts that will import everything back to *ahm* your personal website?

errrr... don't you love it when technology makes our life easier?

*For the non-nerds, early programs used to label each line of code with a number. So the first line got 10 then 20 and so forth. 'Goto 10' became the equivalent of repeating or going back to where you started. So, next time you're out for a couple of beers with your kool non-nerdy friends, casually drop a Goto 10 comment. It's bound to make you -even more- unpopular.

17 comments:

madwomaninatic said...

Particularly enlightening was the footnote about Goto 10...

Fesh said...

Ah yes, my nerdiness comes in handy once again...

Jade said...

Dude?
What's up with the abstinence?

Fesh said...

Jade, you know me FAR better than this... there is only one effective way to get me posting and you know...

Jade said...

I contacted the COM,
he says you still wont budge.

Fesh said...

What can I say man, you don't threaten someone, who has suffered the uber shrinkage of the frozen wastelands, with 7 years of bad sex?!

Was he seriously thinking that would actually work?

Munqy said...

COM has threatened to make the shrinkage PERMANENT unless you start posting again.

Fesh said...

WHAT?! You mean it's *not* permanent?
WOHOOO!!!

And what the hell man, I was abstaining from posting in solidarity with you. Are you suggesting a comeback? Like me and you posting on the very same day? OH OH OH SAME HOUR OF THE SAME DAY!

Shut-up, it's cute.

Jade said...

Boys Boys! Please...
Oh my Oh MY!!! IF you both post on the same hour of the same day...
Just thinking about it gives me a double orgasm!

Fesh said...

*Fesh clears his throat..

Munqy, there's so much at stake now, we have to do this.

I'm off to London to partAy like a cheap ho in a cheap NY club on new year's eve, 1999. So, how is Monday for the Ultimate, the One, the Only double-comeback?

Munqy said...

Monday it is. And Jade ... video please.

Fesh said...

Woho! Tomorrow it is! Must start reviving one of the drafts!

Jade said...

Somehow in my heart of hearts I knew that the only thing that would get you back in business is pussy my boys...

Am waiting...

Jade said...

Bad Boy...
Oh My Darling...
You are so gonna pay for this.

Fesh said...

Okay, here's the deal. I have my post ready and I have been begging Munqy to post since yesterday. He's the one due for spanking... wait.. what am I saying.. I AM THE ONE DUE FOR SPANKING!

Munqy said...

So sorry about this guys, but I've been getting wazzonged all week :(

Fesh said...

Less comment posting, more actual blog posting.